Big Microdata Network Membership
The Big Microdata Network will connect an emerging interdisciplinary community of scientists using vast new collections of census microdata. Our goals are to connect existing full-count microdata researchers and to expand and diversify the user community, thereby increasing access to these data and facilitating new research.
Benefits Of Membership
Big Microdata Network members are eligible for several benefits designed to facilitate their use of full count census data for a variety of research applications. Benefits include:
- Early notice about freely available training opportunities
- Eligibility for grants to attend in-person data training workshops hosted by the Network and partner organizations at our headquarters and at academic conferences
- Opportunities to connect with data experts with questions and suggestions
- Connect with other Network members at online and in-person events, including informal gatherings at academic conferences and other meetings
- Participate in the Data-Intensive Research Conference that will promote discussion of ongoing projects and collaborations across the Big Microdata Network (the 2021 conference will be held virtually in July/August 2021 and focus on full count census data)
Who Should Sign Up?
The Network seeks to bring together established and early-stage scholars who are using or interested in using historical or contemporary full count census data. We welcome researchers from a variety of backgrounds and at different career stages, including:
- Established scholars interested in using IPUMS for their ongoing research agenda that depends on full count census data
- IPUMS data users considering expanding their research agenda to leverage full count census data
- Scholars from historically excluded or underrepresented groups in academia (read more about our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion)
- Early career scholars
- Scholars outside of high resource institutions