If you have resources you'd like to share or requests for additions to this page, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Started with IPUMS
This page of video tutorials provides short clips designed to familiarize new users with IPUMS. They include information on:
- Creating an account
- Exploring our documentation
- Navigating the extract system
- Opening extracts in Stata, SAS, SPSS, and Excel
- Using our online analysis system
- Special features like attaching characteristics of other household members and the CPS Panel Rotation Pattern tool
We have introductory webinars for the following datasets:
- IPUMS NHGIS
- IPUMS GeoMarker
- IPUMS USA
- IPUMS International (in English and Spanish)
- IPUMS NHIS
- Using our online data analysis tool (IPUMS International)
Additionally, we have webinars on the following topics:
- Geographic variables and shapefiles in IPUMS International
- IPUMS NHGIS Time Series Tables
- Using IPUMS to study the Health Workforce
Introductory data training exercises for all IPUMS projects are available here
We also have specialized resources for IPUMS CPS on linking observations to utilize the panel component of this dataset, and additional training materials for IPUMS Time Use.
We have added a "Teaching with IPUMS" topic to our User Forum. Feel free to ask questions or share ideas here.